Monday 24 August 2015

Marshalling the B.A.S.S Elites on the St. Lawrence River




 A couple of months ago, a fellow angler, Dave Spence had brought up that he was going to Marshal the Elites on the St lawrence River at the end of July. It really made me think about doing it. Since I loved the St. Lawrence so much when I fished the B.A.S.S Eastern Divisionals last year, It really made me want to try and go. I talked to my parents, and being the awesome parents they are, they let me apply. I got excepted and was super pumped. I really didn't know what to expect. Hotel was booked at the Northern Family Motel, Bags were packed, and off we went. Registration was on the Wednesday, and the tournament started on the Thursday. Day one I drew Fred Roumbanis "BOOM BOOM". He caught a I9 lb. bag that day of smallies.. Day 2 I drew Brandon Card, and he had a I9 lb. bag of largemouth... and day 3, I drew David Walker and he got I believe another I8 pounds.. and on the final day I was not a marshal. Edwin Evers ended up taking the win, and Brandon Card made top I2 with green csh on the St Lawrence River...I drew amazing guys, who talked to me all day long, and even shared some info with me. I learnt a ton, and had an absolute blast. It really was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I liked it so much, that I convinced my parents to go to Michigan, Detroit to marshal another of the Elite events on Lake St. Clair. Gotta thank the parents, if it wasn't for them this wouldn't be possible, wooooooop, I can't wait

No comments:

Post a Comment