Monday 24 August 2015

4th place - Balsam Lake


Super fun day on the water last week with Kris fishing a little event on Balsam lake.. We started off the morning trying to find some smallies, but couldn't get anything to go so we hit some docks for quite a while. Docks were also slow so we decided to go to a bay and fish some slop, grass and undercut banks. Right when we got there, I pulled out one over 4 and finally had a nice kicker in the boat. We then decided to hit one more smallie spot, and it was the right decision.. Right when we got there, Kris brought 2 good smallies to the boat so I threw a follow up bait right at them, and the bigger one came right up to my bait and ate it. We ended up getting 2 more keepers at our smallie spot and decided to spend the last half hour where I caught my big largie. We fished it for half our and didn't get another fish and had to pack up and head to weigh in. I took one last flip into a big grass patch and I heard a fish jump in the grass so I set the hook, and we probably culled about a pound, and got rid of our cute smallie. We ended up weighing in just under I5 pounds to take fourth place. Was a super fun day on the water
Woooop
Also a huge thanks to Kris for taking me out

No comments:

Post a Comment